Moving to a New State | Relocating My Business to…The Wedding Capital of Texas
Moving to the Austin Suburbs
If you’ve been following me for any length of time then you know that I’m from Texas. We’re not known for our modesty when we talk about our state. Why would you keep something like this a secret!? (wink, wink). Seriously though, when we moved to Northern Virginia from Dallas-Fort-Worth almost 8 years ago, we really only intended to stay for 5 years. It took me a couple years to get used to the weather, then a couple years finding the right place to live, but after that I’ve been planning our return to the Lone Star State. We’ve had the opportunity to visit the Austin area a couple times in the past 3 years and we’ve just really enjoyed exploring the area. Like many other people that are choosing to move to the Austin area, the tech industry is a driver. My husband is in Tech and that side of the decision just made sense to look in that area. Then we started researching Dripping Springs, which is about 20 miles to the west of South Austin. And lo and behold, it’s been designated as “The Wedding Capital of Texas”! This small city is the gateway to the hill country and is full of over 30 Wedding Venues! Talk about zero commute!
Thank you, Virginia!
- Thank you for your Peruvian Chicken! I’m obsessed with it and that green dipping sauce that has just the right amount of heat. I never could’ve gotten past the lack of Tex-Mex without you!
- Thank you for your Thai Food! Chicken Pad Thai and Eggplant Pad Thai has gotten me through the lack of Texas BBQ. It’s not apples to apples, but the obsession was real.
- Are you seeing a trend? LOL! I really like food!
- Thank you, Virginia, for your beautiful Fall season. It created an amazing backdrop to my weddings, engagements, and family sessions. The color in your trees is unmatched.
- Thank you, Virginia, for all the wildlife in my backyards over the years. From Deer and Ground Hogs to Squirrels and birds, it’s always been entertaining to look out my window.
- Thank you for having safe schools and teaching my kids about our early American History. I’ve learned more about the Revolutionary and Civil War through visiting the battle sites and the homes of George Washington and Thomas Jefferson than I realized.
- Thank you for introducing my kids to a level of humidity that can only be rivaled by it’s combination with the triple digits in Texas and remedied by a dip in the pool and a 3 Ton AC.
- Thank you to all the clients that allowed me to serve them and deliver images that pleased both of us.
- Thank you to all my couples that trusted my photography business with the most important days of their lives.
- Thank you to my family for supporting my business and picking up the slack around the house so I could pursue my dream.
- Thank you, Virginia, for showing me REAL Snow and the patience it takes to shovel the driveway and sidewalks. (I hope to never have to do that again!)
I couldn’t have built the business I now have without Virginia. So, I humbly thank you for the great experiences I’ve had here. The page is turning to the next chapter in my business and life and I’m welcoming it with open arms.