Engagement Sessions: Book it or Skip it | Virginia Wedding Photographer
Book It or Skip It
Here are a few reasons why you should book an engagement session.
- Begin building a relationship with your photographer. Did you know that I'm the only person that will be with you the whole day? Maybe we should get to know each other a little bit.
- Learn what it's like to actually work with your photographer. Every photographer has their own style that they like to work in. Some are photojournalists and they just document what they see and some are very heavy on only shooting posed images. What are you looking for? If you ask me how I like to work, I would say a little of both. I think it's important to create an atmosphere where you feel so comfortable you forget that I'm there. The photos that I take are all about you! There are times that it's important to be posed, such as Family Formals. I'm happy to do that as well.
- By going through an actual session you learn what my process is and what to expect. After the session I post a Gallery online, which enables you to share images on social media. Easy peasy.
- Are you sending out Save the Date cards? Well you'll need an image to go with that. I can even provide you with the design and cards from my professional quality photo lab.
- Have you thought about having a photo book made of your Engagement Session that your guests can write special notes, give advice, or sign their name letting you know they were there? This can be a very special keepsake.
- You want to be able to look back one day and remember each other during the dating and engaged portion of your relationship. These photos will become treasures to look back on each anniversary and notice how much each of you change as you build your life together.
- You simply can't wait and want to put your first portrait on your wall.
- You want to have AMAZING Wedding Photos. Did you know that by working together during your engagement shoot, you will learn all of my posing techniques and we will be able to move more quickly and creatively through your wedding day.
Here are a few reasons why you shouldn't book an engagement session.
- You already have a close relationship with your photographer.
- You've worked with them before and you know what to expect.
- You're not planning on sending out Save the Date cards or have anything personalized for guests to sign at your wedding.
- Maybe you have a zillion photos of you together on your phone and don't think you need anymore.
- You aren't interested in getting High Quality prints, Canvas, or cards from a Professional Photo Lab that ensures the colors are true.
Which category do you fall into? If you would love to have an AMAZING Wedding Day that is full of easy to follow posing instructions for pictures that are taken by a new trusted Friend. Then Contact me and let's chat about your Engagement Session.